wisdom teeth says...

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

I keep going from extremes of having too many band things going on to almost none. What the hell? The band-in-the-works that I have been playing with will most likely die within a month. James, the main singing/writing/gtr playing guy, has decided to go to audio recording school within the next month or two. We're going to try to play one show just to have something to show for our efforts but we're on a tight schedule as Adam leaves for tour on Sept 8. So be on the lookout for me harassing everyone to come out to a last minute show very soon. Also, other stuff fell through which is fine but disappointing.

So now what? I'm thinking of taking a temporary assignment from my job to go to DC (well, ok, Maryland just outside of DC) for Nov-Jan. It could be really cool but also it'll mean living in a hotel for 2-3 months and being in a large town where I don't know anyone. When I'm uncomfortable I'm such a hermit so I'd probably not even leave my room. I mean, maybe if it was for just one month but three? BUT, New York is only a three hour train ride away so weekends could be fun. I seem to have lots of friends in NYC these days. Hmmm, opinions on this would be appreciated in the comments section. I need advice.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can hang out with my parents in falls church. or bother ian mckaye's mom, like my brother and i did.

it would be cool (though not for the above reasons). you should go. i would go if circumstances permitted. you can gorge yourself on museums there, and if you take the train to nyc, there's discounts on the red eye, so if you get on at 3 am you'll be in nyc by 8, and have a whole extra day up there.

xochoo

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home